Business Casual Cowboy Boots have long been a staple of Western fashion, but can they be considered appropriate for business casual attire? While every workplace has its own dress code, cowboy boots can indeed be worn in a business casual setting. However, it’s important to style them appropriately to maintain a professional appearance. In this article, we will explore how to choose the right cowboy boots for a business casual look, how to style them with different outfits, and common mistakes to avoid. So, saddle up and let’s dive in!
How to Choose Business Casual Cowboy Boots
When selecting cowboy boots for a business casual setting, it’s important to consider certain factors to ensure they convey a professional appearance. Here are some tips to help you choose the right cowboy boots:
- Toe Shape: Opt for boots with an almond or more pointed toe, as square-toe boots are generally considered less formal.
- Leather Quality: Choose boots made of smooth full-grain leather, preferably with a leather sole.
- Color: Stick to dark colors like black, dark brown, or tan, as they are more formal and versatile for business attire.
- Boot Height: Opt for boots that reach mid-calf or slightly higher. Avoid ankle boots or calf-length boots, as they may appear too casual.
- Fit: Ensure that the boots fit properly and are comfortable to wear for long periods. It’s recommended to try them on before purchasing or refer to the brand’s sizing guide if buying online.
Styling Business Casual Cowboy Boots for Men
Cowboy boots can be paired with various outfits to create a business-casual look. Here are some styling ideas for men:
1. With Suits
To create a sophisticated look, wear your cowboy boots with a well-fitted suit. Choose a suit in a classic color like navy, charcoal gray, or black. The suit should draw most of the attention, while the boots add a touch of personality.
2. With dress pants and shirts
For a more relaxed yet professional look, pair your cowboy boots with dress pants and a button-down shirt. Opt for dress pants with a slightly wider leg opening to allow the boots to be seen. Choose a light-colored shirt to create contrast, and add a tie for a more formal touch.
3. With jeans and a jacket
For a smart-casual look, wear your cowboy boots with well-fitted jeans and a tailored jacket. The jeans should have a straight or bootcut leg to accommodate the boots. Pair them with a button-down shirt or a knit sweater for a polished appearance.
4. With Chinos
For a more casual business look, pair your cowboy boots with chinos. Choose a slim or straight fit, and opt for neutral colors like khaki, navy, or gray. Pair them with a button-down shirt or a polo shirt for a relaxed yet put-together ensemble.
To complete your business casual look with cowboy boots, pay attention to the accessories. Choose a belt that matches the color of your boots and keeps it simple and understated. Avoid wearing a hat or other accessories that may give off a more casual or Western vibe.
Styling Business Casual Cowboy Boots for Women
Cowboy boots can also be styled in a business-casual manner for women. Here are some tips:
1. With dresses or skirts
Pair your cowboy boots with a knee-length dress or skirt for a feminine and professional look. Choose dresses or skirts in classic prints or solid colors, and opt for a tailored fit. The boots add a touch of Western flair while maintaining a polished appearance.
2. With trousers or dress pants
For a more tailored and sophisticated look, wear your cowboy boots with trousers or dress pants. Choose pants in a slim or straight fit that cover the top of the boots. Pair them with a blouse or a tailored blazer for a business-ready ensemble.
3. With jeans or jumpsuits
For a more casual business look, pair your cowboy boots with jeans or a jumpsuit. Choose jeans with a straight or bootcut leg that can be worn over the boots. Pair them with a blouse or a tailored jacket for a balanced and stylish outfit.
When styling cowboy boots for a business casual outfit, consider the accessories. Opt for a belt that matches the color of your boots and complements your overall look. Keep jewelry and other accessories minimal and understated to maintain a professional appearance.
Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Cowboy Boots in a Business Casual Setting
While cowboy boots can be worn in a business casual setting, it’s important to follow certain guidelines to ensure a polished and professional look. Here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
- Choose boots with an almond or pointed toe for a more formal appearance.
- Wear boots made of smooth full-grain leather with leather soles.
- Do opt for dark-colored boots like black, dark brown, or tan.
- Pair your boots with well-fitted suits, dress pants, or skirts.
- Pay attention to the fit of your boots and ensure they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- Don’t wear boots with square toes, as they are generally considered less formal.
- Don’t choose light-colored or brightly patterned boots that may appear too casual.
- Don’t wear boots that are too ankle-high or calf-length, as they may not convey a professional image.
- Don’t wear boots that are dirty or in poor condition to the office.
Best 03 Cowboy Boots for Business Casual Occasions
When it comes to choosing the best cowboy boots for a business casual setting, there are several brands and styles to consider. Here are three popular options:
1) Ariat Heritage Roughstock Western Boot – Men’s Square Toe Leather Work Boot
A True Western Classic
Ariat’s Heritage Roughstock Western Boot is a timeless classic that combines style and functionality. Crafted with genuine leather, these square-toe boots are perfect for the modern cowboy. The full feature set includes:
- Premium full-grain leather for durability.
- ATS technology for superior comfort and support.
- Square toe design for a classic look.
- Goodyear welt construction for longevity.
- Duratread outsole for excellent traction.
Pros and Cons
- High-quality leather.
- Exceptional comfort.
- Great arch support.
- Stylish square toe design.
- Long-lasting durability.
- Slightly pricey.
2) Laredo Mens Monty Croc Snip Toe Dress Boots Mid Calf – Black
A Stylish Twist on Classic Design
Laredo’s Monty Croc Snip Toe Dress Boots bring a touch of sophistication to Western footwear. These boots are designed for both formal and casual occasions. Here’s what they offer:
- Sleek crocodile print for a unique look.
- Snip toe design for added style.
- Mid-calf height for versatility.
- Comfortable cushioned insole.
- Rubber outsole for grip.
Pros and Cons
- Unique crocodile print.
- Versatile for various occasions.
- Snip toe adds elegance.
- Comfortable interior.
- Reasonably priced.
- Limited color options.
3) ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot
ARIAT’s All-Terrain Workhorse
The ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot is designed for rugged use and outdoor adventures. These boots are built tough and feature:
- Distressed leather for a rugged appearance.
- Wide square toe for ample room.
- Advanced ATS technology for support.
- Slip-resistant Duratread outsole.
- Unparalleled comfort for long days.
Pros and Cons
- Sturdy distressed leather.
- Wide and comfortable fit.
- Excellent arch support.
- Ideal for outdoor use.
- Reliable traction.
- Not the most stylish option for formal occasions.
Maintaining your Business Casual Cowboy Boots
To ensure that your cowboy boots maintain their appearance and last for a long time, proper maintenance is essential. Here are some tips for maintaining your cowboy boots:
- Regularly clean your boots with a soft brush or damp cloth to remove dirt and dust.
- Use a leather conditioner to keep the leather moisturized and prevent it from drying out.
- Store your boots in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent fading and cracking.
- Consider using boot trees or stuffing the boots with tissue paper to help them retain their shape.
- Avoid wearing your boots in harsh weather conditions or environments that may damage the leather.
- Have your boots professionally resoled or repaired, if necessary, to prolong their lifespan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I wear cowboy boots with business casual attire?
Yes, cowboy boots can be worn in a business casual setting if styled appropriately. Opt for boots with a more pointed toe, made of smooth full-grain leather, and in dark colors. Pair them with well-fitted suits, dress pants, or skirts for a professional look.
Is it okay to wear cowboy boots with a suit?
Yes, it is acceptable to wear cowboy boots with a suit in a business-casual setting. Choose a well-fitted suit in a classic color and pair it with cowboy boots that complement the overall look. Ensure that the boots are clean, in good condition, and convey a professional appearance.
Can you wear cowboy boots to a job interview?
Wearing cowboy boots to a job interview depends on the company’s culture and dress code. It’s best to research the company’s dress expectations beforehand and dress accordingly. In more conservative industries, it may be safer to opt for traditional dress shoes.
Cowboy boots can indeed be worn in a business casual setting, but it’s important to style them appropriately to maintain a professional appearance. By choosing the right boots, pairing them with suitable outfits, and avoiding common styling mistakes, you can achieve a polished and stylish business casual look with cowboy boots. Remember to follow the dress code of your workplace and maintain your boots properly to ensure they last for years to come. So, go ahead and rock your cowboy boots with confidence in the office!